Friday, February 13, 2009

Rock and Roll!!

So last night, in the town of Rolla, Missouri, something wonderful happened. I went to band tryouts. Amazing, right? Just because I'm moving doesn't mean I can't join the band in Dupont, even though they started 2 years earlier, right? With that frame of mind, I was dropped off at the Middle school with Dunn where they were being held and entered the band room. According to the ladies at the able, I was supposed to go see Mr. Slowensky first. So I got in line. When I got there, I got, on a scale of Poor, Fair, Good, and Very Good, a Very Good for trombone and baritone and a Good on a trumpet. After that, Mr. Slo sent me over to Mister Zwinklemyer. After I had endured the line and Mr. Z's annoyance that I was moving, I finally got to try my mouth at a saxophone. After I blew on it, Mr. Z didn't even bother on rating me. He just went over to the comments section and wrote Rock and Roll!!. So apparently I'm good at the saxophone. That is good for me because in order to fit in with the people who have been playing since fifth grade, I'll need to practice a lot, and that I can do with Dunn's.

5 comments: