Sunday, March 22, 2009

Chess

Chess is a game with a rich history, originating in India in the 6th century and later going to East Europe where it evolved into the modern game in the 15th century. Now it used by dads so they will have some game that you only use your fingers for that they can still beat their kids at. Not for long. Dad made the fatal mistake of teaching all of the Westhoff children how to play chess, and now it is coming back to bite him in the form of me. Now that Dad is back, we usually fit in about 2 games a day, and I am proud to announce that I beat him in 2 out of 3 of our games today. That's really great considering Dad is/was one of the nerdy type people (according to him).

6 comments:

  1. That's funny, you must be really good at chess I bet you could beat me; I just move those little wooden things around and see if I win! Usually I am never able to finish because I usually give up in frustration. But, YAY you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite was the part about how it was coming back to bite him in the form of YOU. Haha! I remember when I used to be able to play chess. Then I abandoned my intelligence to go and be a cheerleader. Point being, you and I will not be playing chess together anytime soon. I picked a "sport" where I never, ever lose because Rolla is too cheap to pay for Competition Insurance.

    The End.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I would think your dad is one of the nerdy types. Congratulations on your chess victory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet I could beat you....well that is if I can actually remember how to play! Lol! Plus I don't even live by you anymore so I don't think that would work out. *sighs* I hate moving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must warn you... i know the ancient art of Chess and if we play, i'll step on you like a bug, then smear you all over the walls!( a little violent, Iknow. I will probably beat you by 1 move or something like that.)

    ReplyDelete