Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Latest Campout

So our latest Scout camping trip was from Thursday night to Friday evening, and I think it is safe to say everyone involved had a good time. On Friday we had the most perfect weather ever for our long hike, but it literally rained on our parade on Saturday when nature upheld its reputation of raining whenever the Scouts go camping by raining during our Orienteering event (which was the last thing I needed, besides Board of Review, to get my First Class!). I expected the Orienteering event to be a lame, boring, stand-in-a-field-all-day-with-a-group-of-nerds kind of thing, but it was actually quite fun in its own hike-on-hills-through-forests-in-your-own-little-group-while-its-raining-and-your-shoes-and-socks-are-soaked kind of way.

2 comments:

  1. Hah! We got just gloomy darkness till Saturday then it dumped! But, I got to stay inside nice,warm, and not wet! But, at least you had a little bit of fun! Well, I just got to warn you Missouri is just a strange state... but you only get a few more months of it. :( But, maybe Washington isn't so weird like Missouri! Well, I guess that's good for you! :( :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe! it never rains when we go camping most of the time! I realize you like to use big words I don't understand.I am flabergasted. ad you said you were a first class scout? I'm a star scout. Tip: swimming requierments for after first class = suicide.

    ReplyDelete