Thursday, April 2, 2009

What I Think People Think of Me

I was doing some pondering in school today, and while listening to the conversations of my classmates (about me, in part) I stumbled upon a nugget of knowledge I was unaware of before. I have realized that people in one area of my life think much differently than people in another do. I wondered why this would be and came up with answers that I will now share with you.

In my school class: The majority of the people in my class think of me as a serious-all-the-time, knows-everything-and-rubs-it-in-your-face kinda guy (keariifykg), no matter how untrue and unfair that might be. I think that they came to this conclusion based on the fact that whenever I am in the 'cool' crowd (by their choice, not mine) in my class whatever they are saying is either perverted or swear-word ridden, or both. Because of this I try to distance my self and end up being grave faced. To explain the keariiyfkg-ness, its just that I am smart, and when people are discussing their grade on a certain test or assignment you are expected to say your own, and saying 100% constantly makes people think that. Also, I read a lot.

In QUEST: In QUEST, I am funny, so people generally think of me as the wierd and funny, smart guy that I am. I think this is because in QUEST you have the smartest kids in the school, and they generally don't swear or be perverted. And so, with the trying-to-distance-myself stripped away, my true self emerges.

At Church: I'm not sure, probably the same thing as above for the most part, minus the 'smartest kids in school' and replace it with 'kids with the highest moral standards'. Oh, and replace 'QUEST' with Church.

At the Rolla Fins (my swim team): I have no idea what the ones that have no other involvement with me think of me.

On my blog: Once again, no idea. But YOU have and idea of what you think of me, don't you? If you don't mind, let me know with a comment.

My teachers: I believe the majority of my teachers just think of me as the mild-mannered, polite kid that turns in his work on time, all the time and gets good grades. Is that right, Mr. Wright?

There it is. What I think people think of me. The end.

6 comments:

  1. Hey!! I get to comment first again!!! How cool is that?! Anyway I think you are funny, smart, weird, funny, nice, observant, and a person who likes to ask questions... hard questions!! So yeah I am first WHOOO HOOO!!!! Now tell me what you think of me... besides being tedious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you forgot your family!!! Aren't you curious what your family thinks of you? As a founding member of the Westhoff family I will take it upon myself to tell you what we think: (or at least what your mommy thinks!) You are a good boy who always tries to be better. You are smarter than you let on, are kind to people who could use a friend and, taking after the Rackham side of the family as you do; you are of course devastatingly handsome ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're an amazing friend,
    Non-judgemental,
    Kind,
    Smart,
    Fun to be with,
    Dessert-loving ;),
    And, of course,
    Devastatingly handsom.
    (Totally not being sarcastic- you are. However, I may have employed a small bit of humor by mirroring your mother's words. Still- totally not being sarcastic.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, a shout out. Very nice.

    In regards to the question at hand... I have a bit more complex view than that. But I doubt many other teachers are reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think of you as... well, I've never met you face to face, but, I know your kind, smart, sieriouse sometimes, you use big words I don't understand, you like to call people neards, and you are no match for my chess skill (see on post "chess" for further description)

    ReplyDelete