Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Meaning of Stretches

I now understand the meaning of stretches. As we were doing our pre-warmup warmup at swim practice (not 'practice' as in I cant swim but as in I'm on the team), my coach decided to skip stretches. Later on, a rock formed in my calf. A painful one. I could feel a rock hard lump in my calf. It still hurts. Later on, as we were playing water polo (not Marco Polo) and I was dueling with another swimmer for possession of the ball, my leg cramped up in the exact same fashion in the exact same spot, but on the left side. So then as I was leaving the pool I had to hobble. It hurt to even do that. So, now I know why we stretch. I am sorry if this post is not up to the standards of my writing, but I'm tired and in slight pain, and multitasking. If you want to, you can rant about the unfairness of it all the comments. Knock yourself out.

Miles:
I see this whole chess thing a win-win situation for me. If you are as good as you think you are, then I will have a new worthy opponent I can learn from. If you're not, it will still be fun kicking your trash all over the chessboard.

2 comments:

  1. Well, that sucks. Yeah, I figured out why we need to stretch the hard way too... it's not really a soothing feeling more like ow ow ouch aw ow ouch kind of pain but maybe worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (1st post:) ya, Once I drank a 1/2 pint of milk in 1 try, then ran a mile... I had to litteraly limp back into school.
    -----------------------------------------------
    (2nd:) Oh, no! trash! that's all you'll win, And I'm the only survivor-with 14 pieces! (to the tune of "I like to move it move it") I love to beat you at chess, I like to beat you beat you, She like to beat you beat you, Any one can beat you beat you--- When I'm through with you. I WILL BEAT YOU AT CHESS! (just a friendly warning)


    to tell you the truth, I haven't played in a while, but I still have my mad skill! And I'll dance all over yours!

    ReplyDelete