Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Falling Down Stairs/Comment If You Care

Falling Down Stairs
Yesterday I did what I can't remember doing in its entirety and not on purpose in all of my memory. I fell down the stairs all they way. I was going down the stairs to the basement to watch The Biggest Loser whilst carrying popcorn, in the dark, navigating a vacuum cord. Not a good idea. Of all things to trip on to send me sprawling, the gremlins in my house decided to trip me on, you guessed it, the darkness. So I was falling face first but then I managed to flip onto my back, saving me from much damage. This incident caused me to accidentally break my promise to mom that I would not make a mess with the popcorn that night. Figures.

Comment If You Care
Seriously folks, do you care, or should I just put up my metaphorical pen? If you have a blog of your own, you know that you get a warm fuzzy feeling1 inside when people comment on your posts, so why not share that feeling with others? With this post I am calling you to do two things: 1. Comment more often. 2. If you read this post, comment on it. Announce your presence! I don't care if I know you or not, just do it.

1Following my blog gives the same fuzzy feeling, but better!

8 comments:

  1. Sorry about the fall Zach, glad you're ok. You're lucky, popcorn is much easier to clean up than red Kool-Aide or chocolate pudding! As for your warm fuzzies, glad I can help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Horray for tripping on darkness!
    It's okay- I choke on air... frequently.

    I love it when people comment on my blog- but no one does anymore... they mention in passing that they like my blog when they email me.
    Is the universe really that lame? Is that honestly what we're coming to?

    Who knows... but I love to read your blog and try to comment when possible.

    Good luck with those gremlins- nasty little things that need to be taught their place :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know those gremlins must want to pick on you now. I always fell down the stairs in my old house getting bruises all the time... it hurt. The gremlins don't bother me now though! Lucky me!!!!!! I commented because... I care ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice use of the word whilst. I much prefer to fall up the stairs rather than down. You should try it sometime.

    As far as the comments, people who read blogs in an RSS feed reader (such as myself) don't have immediate access to the comments. Additionally, I don't like having to sign in to make a comment. Personal preference on my part.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am hereby announcing my presence with this comment. :)

    Sorry about your fall. It's one thing to trip on a cord, but the tripping on darkness is always worse. I hope your mom forgave the popcorn mess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HYPOCRITE!!!!! YOU NEVER GO ON MY BLOG NOR COMMENT ON IT! JK...LOL ABOUT THE WHOLE STAIR THING....TOO BAD WE DIDNT GET IT ON A SLOW MOTION CAMERA.... THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN TOO COOL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a funny, funny boy! And also very intelligent. I love reading your blog. This post reminded me of when I was little and my littler sister fell down and got hurt. She told my mom, who, distractedly said, "Okay." Lorien (my sister) said indignantly, "Aren't you going to tell me to be careful?"

    Warm fuzzies,
    Michelle Boehme

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice move.
    ------------------------------
    no one comments on my blog. boo hoo.

    ReplyDelete