Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas

Ah, the joyous day of gift-giving is past, but it's memories and presents remain behind. This year we were pleased to invite the Scott and Laura Rackham clan over, and fun was had by all. My parents warned us beforehand that due to the awesome ski trip we were having post-Christmas (I am posting this from my cabin here in Keystone. I can confirm that it is, indeed, awesome.) the presents might not be as many as in years prior. Fortunately that word hadn't gotten to the Big Man.
I had been making it known to my parents that I wanted Rock Band very badly, and that it would be the height of Christmas awesomeness to receive it. I am happy to say that when I unwrapped a particularly big box I found Rock Band 2 Special Edition inside. My joy was dampened when I say the Play-Station 3 labeled on it. At first I got my hopes up (Could it be?) but then they were crushed when my brilliant mother took on a look of sorrow, "What? I thought that it would work on all systems. Well, that's too bad, I guess Santa made a mistake, we'll take it to the store to have it exchanged tommorrow. I'm sorry guys." Due to the genuine appearence of my mother's act I forgot how brilliant my parents were, and was ready to have that had ruined my whole Christmas. In truth, I even took to the internet to find out if Wal-Mart was open and could exchange. Happily, no such exchange was needed. A Play-Station 3 was found in another box. This also explained the mystery of the Blu-Ray disks that we had unwrapped previously, as PS3s can play Blu-Ray. Among other presents was a Rip-Stik for Chase and I (Thank you Uncle Paul!), A iPod Nano with Nike Fit for Dunn, some Blu-Ray movies, and 2 PS3 games, not including Rock Band.
Rock Band was the star of the cousins trip down, as it was enjoyed by all. I found myself the band's main guitarist (Chase and Davis tried, but couldn't really get the hang of it. For when I was tired of playing Katie or Clayton would fill in, when they weren't singing), Dunn the band's main drummer (a position tried by most, but Dunn was the best), and an assortment of siblings and cousins tried their hands at the singing, with Clayton being the main one. I would tire myself telling the tale of how we rocked Europe, and as soon as we get back, the rest of the world, but as they say, a movie is worth a thousand words.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/video/video.php?v=1067486082090

2 comments:

  1. Ohmygoodness! That sounds like SO much fun! It also explains your absence on Sunday- we missed you. I take it you're having a good time skiing? My cousin Rhyen got Guitar Hero for their Wii... and some Mario Cart-thing. I got kicked off the stage when I tried playing- curse my parents for witholding the wonderous world of video games =). But I'm glad you're having fun. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete