Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The GSWWFV Stops 1 and 2

Stops 3 and 4 have happened, but people are waiting for the computer and i'm tired, so I'm going to post those at a later date.

We drove down to Texas from Missouri (such a long drive...*shiver*), and arrived at stop number one. The Parker's house. The Parkers are the children of my Aunt Becca, who is my mom's sister, and Uncle Dane, who is not. There is Alexis (Lexie), 16, Ryan and Brittany (twins), 14, Kylin, 12, Julia, 10, and Cameron, 7. We got there Thursday night, swam in their pool, and then slept. Ryan was on a scout High Adventure until Saturday Afternoon, so we didn't see him till then. On Friday we swam alot, and watched at least 2 movies. On Saturday it was much the same, except for I made a GIANT batch of cookies (like 160, not an overexaggeration at all) with twice the amount of vanilla needed. Needless to say it was great fun. I think I set a PR for rapid movie watching, having watched Mummy, Mummy 2, Taken, parts of The Game Plan, and X-Men 1, in 2 days.

On Monday we said our goodbyes (NNNNOOOOO! Why couldn't they come to Schlitterbahn with us?!?!?) and went to Schlitterbahn, a waterpark that has been voted best waterpark in the world 10 years in a row. On the drive there we bought wannabe rashgaurds for the boys, thus succesfully saving 4 torsos worth of sunblock. We got there and, after getting tickets and applying sunblock, split into our groups and left. The groups were- Mom and Luke, and then everyone else stayed mainly together. We couoldn't do the whole park in one day, but we tried. My favorite ride was the Master Blaster, but I only went on it once, as there was like an hour and a half wait in line. My overall favorite type of ride were the tube chutes. You'd get a tube, and ride down a relatively narrow path that would twist and turn and have waterfalls and rapids and overall awesomeness. Mom didn't really get to experience like any of the rides, because Luke has issues with tubes (a traumatic experience with the Parkers). All in all, Schlitterbahn didn't live up to my expectations, but that's because its impossible to meet expectations that have been building up for 5 years. It was a very fun experience though, and one I was glad to have had.

2 comments:

  1. well, I went to like the 2nd best water park then! it is called waterbom, and it is in Indonesia on the other side of the world. it was soooooooooo fun! I can't believe you went there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun! Except for the traveling part!

    ReplyDelete